Partner Strategy Manager
Manufacturing 2020 Partner Manager, Global Sourcing & ManufacturingDescription:NIKE is committed to unleashing human potential through sport. In Global Sourcing and Manufacturing (GSM), we obsess the future of sport and the changing world we all share. We leverage the strength of the NIKE brand to catalyze action within our industry and beyond and work with partners inside and outside NIKE to make sustainable innovation a driver of business value and of positive global change.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced leader to drive the company s evolution on engagement with our Factory Partners, setting and executing the strategy for how products are manufactured. You will bring tested experience in relationship management and a strong background in manufacturing. You will demonstrate deep working knowledge of cultivating and growing C-suite/executive level relationships in service of strategic alignment and shared growth and profitability. You will lead joint effective long-range strategic planning through stakeholder engagement with internal and external parties. You will also drive alignment between internal NIKE teams on strategy and investments. Prior experience navigating and influencing in large, complex organizations is critical. You will be an effective coach, with experience influencing senior teams to develop capability. You ll also be an adept team player, engaging colleagues and leadership in developing and executing strategy. You think differently and help turn a vision of the future into reality. You will be fluent in both business and manufacturing, with a keen understanding of the footwear and apparel industries. As a leader in GSM, you will provide leadership and consultation to teams defining and delivering on strategic plans in the various stages of sourcing and manufacturing. You will also be the voice of the Partner back to NIKE, representing Partner needs, and maintaining the enterprise view of the Partner as NIKE functions go through the planning process, helping identify and drive the capacity and growth plans for Partners. You ll lead the rules of engagement to help manage information flow between NIKE and the Partner.Job Responsibilities:
- Building trust and influencing inside and outside the organization will be second nature to you, as will an eye for both the big picture and managing to result. This role requires strong intuition and judgment, and the ability to make good, informed decisions. You will have more opportunities to engage than you have the time or resources to support, so an ability to filter quickly and strategically the great from the good will be critical to your success. Working in a collaborative manner is second nature to you, and you understand the importance of face to face contact.
- Manage risk on Business continuity and overall performance goals. This is critical to the success of this role and you will need to identify, mitigate, and manage all medium to high business risk.
- In working with external partners, you will be responsible for developing with the Partner a long-term strategic sourcing vision and plan to build additional capability in the long and short term. Additionally, you will be evaluating strategic performance management at the Factory Group level and helping to influence and drive partner performance through a variety of methods including targeted strategy development and support, measuring performance based on targeted metrics and against manufacturing and capability indices. Further, you will participate in onboarding new Partners and offboarding some Partners.
- You will understand the value that smart process and planning play in driving results and will be excited by the opportunity to design and lead a new way of working within a matrix organization. Your role will have you play in big picture areas, but you have the ability to keep awareness of some of the details in mind (metrics, issues, priorities), even when you don t own them. Others will be inspired to share and support your vision through the energy and leadership you bring to the team and its purpose.Qualifications:
- 5+ years demonstrated progressive experience in manufacturing; experience in Footwear, Apparel or Equipment a plus
- Strong track record managing external supplier relationships and being the compelling voice of a brand or influential organization
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred
- High emotional intelligence with a successful history of networking and influencing without direct authority to mobilize internal and external resources
- Leadership-level strategic planning, team leadership and performance management experience is required (5+ years)
- Deep expertise in working with and advising executives, including establishing and overseeing governance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a way that is simple and easily understood by a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to lead and drive change at multiple levels inside and outside of the organization
- Proven record of identifying capability gaps and influencing leaders to drive the development of new capabilities
- Strong peripheral vision and ability to automatically see opportunities in a highly nuanced environment to make connections that will drive efficiency and alignment
- An output-driven, consumer-centric mindset with a record of accomplishment that shows you can deliver short-term wins on the journey to long-term change
- Strong business and leadership acumen is critical. A willingness to listen, learn and reflect, coupled with an ability to create, challenge, and evolve quickly will be critical success factors within the NIKE matrix
- Experience with risk management is critical to the success of this role. You will have a proven track record of risk identification, mitigation and management.