Advanced Technologies Senior Director
国家/地区 : 中国
省份 : 上海
城市 : Shanghai
类别 : 零售
合同类别 : 正式员工
工作性质 : 全职
- Sets direction, strategies and actions to meet technology and business goals, including aligning these with Senior R&D leadership. Works closely with the Global AT leaders in other ELC locations to ensure complementary and synergistic work. Ensure the APAC science voice is heard and actioned globally within ELC.
- Brings together new scientific insights with new technologies (internal and external) to create high performance, breakthrough innovations that differentiate ELC's consumer products and science from competition.
- Lead the Identification of new technical opportunities and research trends. Leads identifying / prioritizing opportunities and establishing external scientific / research partnerships across APAC.
- Represents the company's research interests and promote / present ELC's scientific activities in international science communities; coordinates scientific events (meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.) and supports science communication and increasing the international scientific voice from the APAC AT team.
- Builds collaborative, influential relationships with regional and global R&D, Scientific Communication and Product Development leaders to ensure optimal utilization of APAC scientific discoveries and technologies. Lead APAC Advanced Technologies team.
- Builds strong, capable, highly engaged teams in both China (primary location) and Japan (satellite), with a focus on talent development, clear succession planning and making strategic hires.
- Aligns the team in the AT vision
- Make decisions (in partnership with HR and Senior R&D leadership) on hiring, termination, evaluation, development, advancements, compensation & next assignment for employees in the department. Oversees APAC AT team administration
- Recommends and manages the annual department budgets and project costs
- Approves travel and expenditures for APAC AT
- 13 years experience in Upstream Technology / R&D development in Personal Care, with at least 3 years in a senior leadership role
- Experience leading teams in a matrix organization
- PhD in biology / skin biology or related field with extensive knowledge in molecular biology / biochemistry / microbiology science and technology
- Proficiency in English (requirement) and at least one of Mandarin / Cantonese / Japanese